Sunday, November 7, 2010

Last Day of CKCU 2010 Funding Drive!!!!

We are over $102,000 - $8000 to go and 8 and a half hours left

Looks like it will be a dramatic finish this afternoon. We have been closing the gap this week-end from the pace we set over the last few years.

Excellent shows yesterday by Canadian Spaces, Back 40, The Groove and Reggae in the Fields in particular and many other shows also saw support from the audience.

And here we are the last Sunday and the target is in sight. I think we can do this and obviously our listeners do also. Through your hard work and their generous support we may just once again push this little station that could up over the big hill. We are on the cusp of going from "I think I can, I think I can" on the way up to the joy of "I thought I could, I thought I could" after rising over the mountain.

I hope all of you can make it out to our 35th Anniversary Party on Nov 13th at Porter Hall, 2nd Floor Unicentre Building so I can thank you in person. Along with the buffet dinner and great conversation, we will have a terrific CKCU swag bag that you can only get at the dinner, filled with unique CKCU stuff.

May the Mighty 93 live on and live long

Matthew Crosier

No comments:

Post a Comment