Friday, March 2, 2012

I'll Remember You .......

Today is the 3rd anniversary of the passing of my mother, Jane Crosier. A radio host at CKCU for 12 years. An employee of the Carleton Board of Education for 30 years. And a pretty great wife, sister, aunt, mother and grandmother. Every day I take a few moments to think about the good and bad times and to wonder about how much she has missed in those three years. Grief is still something I am trying to understand and come to terms with.

One of our hosts was telling me that after the passing of his mother he was really struggling to plan his show ahead of time. I really understood that. For me there were a few months after where I just could not concentrate on anything and getting things done was a real struggle. I became detached from the wonder of the day. Recently I once again suffered a loss. This time the sudden death of a dear friend. And for a stretch I was just not able to sit down and move things from the in basket to the out basket. I am glad that I didn't react by getting aggressive or drinking or over eating but the cloud of depression hits us all in different ways. And during it the ones that are close to us are also struck by its silent shroud.

Now when I hear of a loss for someone else it gives me that cut to the quick pain. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you have experienced loss. May those around you help you find your way back up to breathe. And may you remember the good times and the blessing it is to spend time with people who love you for what you are and give unconditional love.

Tell those close to you that you love them and give them a hug, they just might hug you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment